Перейти к основному контенту

Is official proof of EU citizenship not accepted as proof of residence? Or just revenge for the negative feedback? Please clarify.


Комментариев: 6

  • Stanislav Spiridonov

    Ok I receive the answer from support regarding my EU ID card. 

    We understand the ID card has validity in CZ. However, since we are located in Latvia, we must follow local Compliance regulations about what documents are accepted.
    Unfortunately, under these standards, an ID card is not accepted as confirmation of your current address.

    But it is a real violation of EU regulation. I asked about reference for local Latvian Compliance regulations and I am going to complaint against it to the European Commission if situation will not resolve.

    Below the replay from my legal consultant:

    If you have been denied a service or access to an institution based on the rejection of your EU national ID card as a proof of EU residence, you may want to file a complaint to assert your rights as an EU citizen.

    The first step would be to try to resolve the issue directly with the company or institution involved. You can explain that the EU national ID card is a valid proof of EU residence and ask for clarification on why it was not accepted. Sometimes, there may have been a misunderstanding or error that can be corrected by simply bringing attention to the matter.

    If you are unable to resolve the issue directly with the company or institution, you can file a complaint with the relevant national authority in your country or the European Commission. The exact process and authority to contact may depend on the specific circumstances and the country in which the issue occurred. For example, if the issue occurred in a public institution or with a public service, you may need to contact the national ombudsman or an equivalent body.

    You can also seek legal advice from a qualified lawyer with experience in EU law if you believe that your rights have been violated or if the issue cannot be resolved through other means.

    Overall, it's important to remember that the EU national ID card is a valid proof of EU residence, and you have the right to assert your rights as an EU citizen if you believe they have been infringed.


    If you are a Czech citizen and you have a complaint against a company or institution in Latvia that has violated your rights as an EU citizen, you can file a complaint with the European Commission using the "Your Europe Advice" online complaints form.

    The European Commission will then forward your complaint to the appropriate Latvian national authority for further investigation. In Latvia, the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (Pilsonības un migrācijas lietu pārvalde - PMLP) is responsible for issues related to immigration, citizenship, and residence permits.

    Overall, it's important to be aware of your rights as an EU citizen and to take steps to assert them if you believe they have been violated, regardless of which country you are in.



  • Lucja (Mintos)
    Community moderator

    Hi Stanislav Spiridonov

    Thank you for sharing your experience with us. To comply with applicable regulations, Mintos may require certain documents as proof of residence, in addition to proof of citizenship. As stated on the website, valid residence permits, utility bills, insurance policies, government documents, and mortgage statements are among the documents accepted as proof of residence.

    While your CZ citizen ID card is proof of your citizenship, it is not considered sufficient proof of residence. Mintos requires documents that include your full name and current address of residence. We share information about it here: https://help.mintos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4422113199377

    I understand that you are dissatisfied with the process and have sent negative feedback with some questions/suggestions. However, I can assure you that Mintos does not retaliate against customers for providing feedback. We value all feedback as it helps us improve our services.

    If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

  • Stanislav Spiridonov

    Hi Lucja,

    1. The CZ national ID contains the full name and permanent address of residence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_national_identity_card). 

    2. The page you reference clearly says that a valid residence permit (both sides if applicable) is enough - a) or b), c), d). 

    3. I received the official answer from Mintos: "an ID card is not accepted as confirmation of your current address."

    I am considering the last thing (point 3) as a violation of EU regulation and my rights as an EU citizen. 

    I think you may ask for additional proof but there must be a reason.

    Instead, the Mintos said:

    1. EU national ID card is not accepted as confirmation of current address.
    2. EU national ID card is not considered sufficient proof of residence.

    Both these things are wrong from my point of view and I am going to ask the appropriate EU institutions is it Ok on not.

    Anyway, I submitted additional documents as you requested. 


  • Japke

    The main issue is that while your legal consultant says "EU national ID card is a valid proof of EU residence". Most of the national ID cards within the EU, do not have the residence address listed (it is also not mandatory by the relevant European regulation). Or even if an address is listed there is no requirement to replace the national ID card when a person changes address, and it remains valid till the original validity date.

    For CZ national ID cards that is a different story, as it lists the residency address and it is also mandatory (within 15 working days) to replace the ID card when that address changes.

    This (a CZ national ID card) should be accepted as a proof of residence, however that is very specific compared to most other European national ID cards.

  • Flo

    Hello Stanislav,

    I am also stuck in a pretty weird KYC process for more than 3 weeks now. My story can be found here: https://help.mintos.com/hc/de/community/posts/14682813003537

    To make a long story short: after refusing my phone bill because my telephone plan does include free minutes or data contingent that can be used abroad  Mintos support told me more than 2 weeks into the process that they see logins into my account from another continent. After the inital shock that my account my have been hacked it seems now that the ip country detection of Mintos might be outdated. This has been forwarded to their IT department like 10 days ago but still no answer....

    Your case seems to be a bit different (even tho I think there is a slight chance, that there refusal might also be because of wrong ip detection given that your document has a valid address on it), but we have in common that we both gave negative feedback to the ticket. 

  • Stanislav Spiridonov


    The main issue with bills is that I haven't any actual bills. Most of them I receive only once a year or they are for legal entity (e.g. phone bill). The documents issued by state institutes are also a problem - I did not receive any for years. So, the only one way is to use an EU ID card. 

    Lucky, this time I have the bill for a home (1-month old), but I do not understand that I will do if such issue will be on autumn, for example.



Войдите в службу, чтобы оставить комментарий.