As a licensed investment firm, we are required to ensure that the products we offer are suitable and appropriate for our investors in accordance with the MiFID II regulation. Before you start investing with us, we ask you to complete the Suitability and Appropriateness assessment.
The Suitability & Appropriateness assessment aims to ensure that investors are aware of the risks of investing with Mintos and that their financial situation allows them to bear these risks. It also assesses whether the products offered by Mintos meet the expectations and needs of investors and are suitable for their knowledge and experience.
For individual investors, the assessment consists of 4 sections of questions:
- Financial situation: Here you’ll be asked a few questions about your annual income and net worth.
- Knowledge: This section assesses your investment knowledge to determine whether you’ll be able to understand the terms and risks involved in investments on Mintos. Once saved with correct answers, it is no longer editable.
- Experience: This section focuses on your experience investing in specific asset classes.
- Investment goals: Lastly, you’ll be asked a few questions about your investment goals and risk appetite.
If you have a Mintos account for your legal entity, the assessment questions will depend on your legal status, and some sections may be skipped.
The results of the Suitability and Appropriateness assessment determine the following aspects:
- Only those ways of investing that are deemed suitable and appropriate for you are available on your account. Note that manual investments are always available, although you may receive a warning message before investing.
- Based on your investment goals and net worth, an individual responsible investing requirement may be set for your automated strategies (Mintos strategies and custom automated strategies), allowing you to invest with them up to a certain total amount. Note that this requirement only applies to individuals, not legal entities.
You can see your current results, including which ways of investing are available to you and how much you can invest with automated strategies, in the Suitability and Appropriateness section of your account. If a way of investing is not suitable for you based on your answers, you will also be able to see the reason. If your situation has changed and you want to update your answers to the assessment, click on Edit in the top right corner.