As a licensed marketplace, Mintos will be subject to additional legal requirements. This means you’ll need to complete some additional steps to continue investing on Mintos:
- Confirm or update your contact details
- Verify your identity if you haven’t done so before. In some cases you may be asked to update your verification.
- Complete the Suitability & Appropriateness assessment. This assessment is necessary to ensure all investors understand the risks involved in investing in loans, and that the product is suited to their needs. More about the Suitability & Appropriateness assessment
- Add your tax information. We are required by law to collect information about your tax residence according to the Common Reporting Standard.
- You’ll also be assigned an investor category according to MiFID. Your category will determine which additional reporting and disclosures will be available to you. The category will be assigned by Mintos, and there’s nothing you need to do. You’ll be able to apply for a category change after Mintos receives the license. More about investor categories
Please note that Mintos will be required to limit what you can do with your account 30 days after becoming licensed if you haven’t completed these steps. Additionally, we’ll be required to close unverified accounts.